Your ButterflyMX video intercom is often the very first thing a resident, visitor, or delivery person sees when they arrive at your property. This provides a unique opportunity to create a strong first impression of your property. ButterflyMX allows you to add a custom screen saver to your video intercom – so you can add an image of your logo, building staff, or maybe even a photo of your rooftop pool to entice prospective residents. Your custom screensaver can be added or changed at any time in the ButterflyMX OS.
How to add a custom screensaver:
- Log into the ButterflyMX OS
- Click ‘Inactivity Messages’
- Click ‘Add new’
- Select ‘Custom Screensaver’ from the dropdown menu
- Upload the screensaver you would like to use
- Choose the parameters for your screensaver
- Hit ‘Save’
Step 1: Log into the ButterflyMX OS
Log into the ButterflyMX OS on a computer.
Step 2: Click ‘Inactivity Messages’
Click ‘Inactivity Messages” from the menu on the left side of the screen.
In this section, you can see any past inactivity messages or screensavers that have been used at your property by toggling through the 3 tabs at the top of the screen.
Step 3: Click ‘Add new’
Click ‘Add new’ in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
Step 4: Select ‘Custom Screensaver’ from the dropdown menu
Select ‘Custom Screensaver’ from the dropdown menu.
Step 5: Upload the screensaver you would like to use
Click ‘Choose File’ to upload the screensaver you would like to use from a file saved on your computer.
Step 6: Choose the custom parameters for your screensaver
You will need to choose:
- Which intercoms you would like to add the screensaver to (if you have multiple intercoms)
- The days of the week you would like the screensaver to display
- The times of day for the screensaver to display. You can also opt to have it displayed all day
Step 7: Hit ‘Save’
Hit ‘Save’ to publish your custom screensaver at the times of day/ days of the week you’ve selected. You can come back and change the screensaver or the settings at any time.