Your ButterflyMX video intercom is often the very first thing a visitor or delivery person sees when they arrive at your property. This provides a unique opportunity to use your video intercom as a form of signage at the front of your building – if there’s anything you’d like a visitor or delivery person to know before entering your property, you can tell them here. This is called an inactivity message, and it can be added or changed at any time in the ButterflyMX OS.
How to add an inactivity message
- Log into the ButterflyMX OS
- Click ‘Inactivity Messages’
- Click ‘Add new’
- Select ‘Inactivity Message’ from the dropdown menu
- Write your inactivity message
- Choose the parameters for your inactivity message
- Hit ‘Save’
Step 1: Log into the ButterflyMX OS
Log into the ButterflyMX OS on a computer.
Step 2: Click ‘Inactivity Messages’
Click ‘Inactivity Messages” from the menu on the left side of the screen.
In this section, you can see any past inactivity messages or screensavers that have been used at your property by toggling through the 3 tabs at the top of the screen.
Step 3: Click ‘Add new’
Click ‘Add new’ in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
Step 4: Select ‘Inactivity Message’ from the dropdown menu
Select ‘Inactivity Message’ from the dropdown menu.
Step 5: Write your message
Choose a title for your message and then write the message that you would like to have displayed on the intercom when visitors or deliveries arrive at your property.
Step 6: Choose the custom parameters for your message
You will need to choose:
- Which intercoms you would like the message to be displayed at (if you have multiple intercoms)
- The days of the week you would like the message to display
- The times of day for the message to display. You can also opt to have it displayed all day
Step 7: Hit ‘Save’
Hit ‘Save’ to publish your message at the times of day/ days of the week you’ve selected. You can come back and change the screensaver or the settings at any time.