- Say ‘Hey Siri, open my front door/gate’ to remotely open your ButterflyMX Video Intercom.
- Once added, you can also use Siri as a Shortcut to open your door/gate with a single tap from the iOS shortcut menu.
- A ButterflyMX account is required
- An iOS device – version 12 or later
- The latest ButterflyMX iOS app version – 1.76 or later.
How to connect Siri
- Open the ButterflyMX app, select the gear icon.
- Tap ‘Add to Siri’
- Customize the command you want to use to open the door or gate
- Say whatever command you’ve created to open the door or gate
Step 1: Open the ButterflyMX app
In the ButterflyMX app, select the Setting icon (gears), next to one of the doors/gates you have access to.
Step 2: Tap ‘Add to Siri’
Tap ‘Add to Siri’.
Step 3: Customize your command
Customize the command you want to use to open the door/gate.
Step 4: Open your door or gate
Say ‘Hey Siri, unlock my front door/gate’ (or whatever phrase you created in step 3) and the door/gate will open.
Once you’ve connected ButterflyMX to your Siri, you can swipe right on your home screen to access Shortcuts. Any access points set up in Siri will appear here and you can simply tap to open.
View other ways to open the door or gate with ButterflyMX, which includes Swipe-to-Open, Virtual Keys, Force Touch, and more.