- Create and use a PIN to open the door if your phone or keys are unavailable.
- Change your PIN at any time.
Disclaimer: Door PINs are meant for resident/tenant use only. If you need to provide access to a visitor, please create a virtual key for them instead. They offer you more control and can be issued to multiple people.
- You must have a ButterflyMX account
- An iOS device – version 12 or later (just for the initial setup)
How to create a door PIN
- Open up the ButterflyMX mobile app and hit ‘Account’
- Hit ‘PIN’
- Type in a PIN that you can easily remember
- When ready to use the PIN, type it in on the intercom at your building
- Hit next, and the door will be released for 5 seconds
Step 1: Open the ButterflyMX Mobile app
Open up the ButterflyMX mobile app, and hit ‘Account’ in the bottom right corner.
Step 2: Hit ‘PIN’
Next, in the account settings, hit ‘PIN’.
Step 3: Choose a PIN
Type in a PIN that you can easily remember. You’ll be able to see it in the app or change it at any time. Make sure you’ll be able to memorize it in case your phone or keys are unavailable and you need to open the door.
Step 4: Type in the PIN on the intercom at the front of your building
Hit the ‘Door PIN’ icon on the ButterflyMX video intercom at the front of your building. Then, enter the code that you created in step 3.
Step 5: Hit next to open the door
Enter your PIN and push the ‘Next’ button. The video intercom will chime and display a ‘Door Open’ message.
For security purposes, our video intercom will take a time- and date-stamped photo of the person who used your PIN. You can review this photo in your mobile app for 365 days.
That’s it! You can now use a PIN anytime you need to gain access to your property.