Residents love the ButterflyMX video intercom because it allows them to open the door without using annoying keys or fobs. Have you ever walked home carrying three bags of groceries and then tried to reach for your keys? It’s less than ideal. Instead, residents can use something they already have in their hands – a smartphone.
But now, we’ve gone one step further – you can open the door using the ButterflyMX app on your Apple Watch. And – if your Apple Watch has cellular, you can even go for a jog and leave your phone behind. We go through the steps of how it works below.
- A ButterflyMX account is required
- An Apple Watch is required
- The ButterflyMX iOS mobile app is required
How to Open the door from an Apple Watch
- Add the ButterflyMX app to your Apple Watch
- Open the ButterflyMX app on your Apple Watch
- Push ‘Press to open’
- Open the door or gate
Step 1: Add the ButterflyMX app to your Apple Watch
Follow these steps to add the ButterflyMX app to your Apple Watch:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Scroll down to where it says ‘Available Apps’
- Look for ButterflyMX and hit ‘Install’
- Wait for it to finish installing. When complete, it will appear in the ‘Installed on Apple Watch’ section
Step 2: Open the ButterflyMX app
Open the ButterflyMX app on the home screen of your Apple Watch (see ButterflyMX icon below).
Step 3: Push “press to open”
Push “press to open”.
Step 4: Open the door or gate
Open the door/gate.
When the door has been successfully released, you will see “opened” with a checkmark as shown above. Once you see that message, the door/gate will be released for five seconds and you or your guest can enter the property.