- A smarter alternative to dual-speaker microphones is a ButterflyMX video intercom.
- The best dual-way audio speakers are MIFXIN, EMEET, and Visiplex.
- A two-way speaker microphone is a communication device that enables dual communication between individuals or groups.
- The limitations of dual-speaker microphones are their limited range, battery dependency, interference issues, and lack of cameras.
Managers and owners of bustling properties know the importance of achieving seamless communication while maintaining robust security. For instance, a door intercom with a camera can act as a two-way speaker microphone, empowering tenants to communicate easily with visitors. However, there are many different products that facilitate dual-way communication.
Read on to explore the best two-way speaker microphones on the market. Then, learn the benefits and drawbacks of dual-way audio microphones. Finally, discover a smarter alternative to dual-way audio microphones.
In this post, we cover:
- Best alternative to a dual-way audio microphone
- 3 best two-way speaker microphones
- What is a two-way speaker microphone?
- Benefits of using a two-way radio speaker microphone
- Limitations of dual speaker microphones
- Dual-speaker microphone FAQs
Best alternative to a dual-way audio microphone
ButterflyMX is more than just a two-way speaker microphone. In fact, the ButterflyMX video intercom is a robust alternative that empowers tenants to communicate seamlessly with guests without compromising security.
Here’s what sets ButterflyMX apart:
- 156-degree wide-angle camera. With ButterflyMX, you can capture all entry activity with a state-of-the-art wide-angle camera for crystal-clear clarity and enhanced security.
- Two-way video calling. Launch two-way video calls with visitors. So, you always stay in the know of who’s entering your property.
- Mobile app. Unlock any door, gate, or access point with just a swipe on your smartphone.
- Digital keys. Share digital keys with guests. So, tenants can let in technicians, visitors, or service providers without needing to be present. What’s more, these digital keys expire after an allotted time so visitors can’t access your property unless authorized.
- Delivery passes. Send convenient passes to delivery couriers, UberEats, and Postmates service providers. So, they can drop off parcels securely and easily.
- Audit logs. With ButterflyMX, you can view detailed access logs and time-and-date-stamped images of all entry events from a mobile app or dashboard.
Learn more about ButterflyMX:
3 best two-way speaker microphones
Looking for the best two-way speaker microphones on the market?
Here are our picks:
- MIFXIN Dual-Way Audio Window Speaker Intercom System
- EMEET OfficeCore Luna Plus Meeting Kit
- Visiplex Wireless Two-Way Intercom Station Set
1. MIFXIN Dual-Way Audio Window Speaker Intercom System
Designed for use at windows or booths, the MIFXN dual-way intercom speaker offers your staff an easy and efficient way to communicate with visitors.
Here are some key features:
- Optimized for short-distance communication.
- With MIFXIN, you can use a quality speaker and microphone with fully adjustable volumes.
- Using MIFXIN, provides clear audio of voices for complete transparency in communications.
- Easy to use and install yourself — no professional installation is required.
- Has a durable aluminum alloy construction.
2. EMEET OfficeCore Luna Plus Meeting Kit
This convenient speakerphone kit is great for conducting small meetings at offices and small businesses.
The Luna Plus Meeting Kit:
- Comes with 8-built in mics and an additional external mic that offers 360-degree voice pickup and audio.
- Offers noise cancellation technology.
- With Luna Plus, experience a long battery life with 10 hours of uninterrupted usage.
- Using Luna Plus, you can use both USB and Bluetooth connectivity.
3. Visiplex Wireless Two-Way Intercom Station Set
Visiplex offers a practical and affordable alternative for properties that are unable to install hardwired intercom systems.
The Visiplex two-way set offers:
- Convenient wireless two-way voice communications.
- With Visiplex, you can control up to two PA speakers.
- Pre-programmed and customization of voice messages and alerts.
- Built-in battery options and low voltage PoE intercom options.
- Using Visiplex, you can set the station for individual control or program it for multiple groups.
- With Visiplex, you can control up to two red beacon lights for visual alerts.
What is a two-way speaker microphone?
A two-way speaker microphone is a communication device that transmits and receives audio signals. Additionally, dual-way audio speakers have a built-in speaker and microphone that enables dual communication between individuals or groups.
Benefits of using a two-way radio speaker microphone
Are you considering a dual-way audio speaker for your property?
Here are the advantages of dual-way audio speakers:
- Instant communication. A two-way radio speaker enables real-time, two-way communication between users.
- Emergency response. In emergency situations, a microphone with two-way communication supports swift response efforts by being a direct communication protocol.
- Hands-free. If you’re looking for a portable solution, some microphone models offer hands-free options. What’s more, this enhances convenience and ease of use for tenants and visitors.
- Affordable. Lastly, if cost is a consideration, dual microphone methods offer a cost-effective solution for establishing reliable communication networks in properties.
Limitations of dual speaker microphones
- Limited range. Some models have a restricted communication range if you’re considering a dual-way speaker. So, they don’t offer effective coverage in larger properties.
- Dependent on batteries. Many dual-way audio speakers require a battery-powered source. So, they become ineffective once the batteries die.
- Interference issues. If you’re in a dead spot or experience inclement weather, environmental factors and interference from other devices may impact signal quality. Furthermore, this can contribute to missing emergency communications.
- No camera. Finally, lost dual-way audio speakers don’t have built-in cameras or video intercom capabilities. So, they’re not the most secure solution.
Dual-speaker microphone FAQs
Here are answers to your questions about dual-way audio microphones:
Can a speaker double as a microphone?
Yes. If a speaker has a reverse mode or setting, it can double as a microphone. However, the audio quality may not be as high as a dedicated microphone.
What is the relationship between a microphone and a speaker?
A microphone picks up audio signals from a source and converts those sound waves into electrical signals.
In contrast, a speaker converts electrical signals into sound waves to reproduce sounds. In short, speakers are designed to reproduce the original audio captured by microphones.