- The ButterflyMX front desk station is the best visitor sign in system.
- The biggest benefit of using a visitor sign-in system is convenience for your tenants and visitors.
- Choosing the best visitor sign in system for your organization will depend on a few factors, including the size of your property and your average property traffic rate.
- A visitor check in system is an app or software that empowers guests to sign in at the property they’re visiting.
Visitor sign in systems are essential when it comes to managing your property’s guests. Without a sign-in system, you risk not knowing who’s roaming your property, which can become a liability issue for your property or company.
But, with automated systems such as visitor sign in apps, you can make the process quick and easy. Below, we give you a list of the top three visitor sign-in systems, and then we talk about how to choose one that’s right for you!
In this post, discover:
- 3 best visitor sign in systems
- What are the benefits of using a visitor sign in system?
- How to choose a visitor sign in system
- FAQs about visitor management systems
3 best visitor sign in systems
While there are many digital visitor sign in software out there, three make the top of the list.
Three top visitor check-in systems include:
1. ButterflyMX’s front desk station
If you’re looking for an electronic visitor sign in system that can be integrated to create an entire property management ecosystem, then the ButterflyMX front desk station is for you!
Benefits of the front desk station:
- Reduced cost. With the front desk station, you no longer have to spend money on staff members’ overnight shifts. Likewise, you’ll have a lesser need for someone to stay at the front desk during low-traffic hours during the day. This also means you can accomplish more around the property instead of waiting for visitors.
- Improved operations. The front desk station encourages efficiency in staff and guests by making sign-in quick and easy. Visitors can simply use the virtual key assigned to them at the time of sign-in.
- No in-unit hardware. Because the front desk station utilizes mobile devices and apps, there’s no need to install hardware to use it in your lobby. In fact, the ButterflyMX front desk station can be installed on your existing property computer!
Top features of the ButterflyMX front desk station include:
- Easy to install software.
- Unique PINs that can be assigned to mail carriers and guests.
- Time-and-date stamped audit photos for property managers to monitor remotely.
- Live video for visitors and residents to talk with staff.
Discover how the front desk station from ButterflyMX works:
2. Honeywell Forge visitor management
With offices all over the world, Honeywell is a well-known name in property and visitor management.
With the Honeywell Forge visitor management system, you can expect:
- Ability to grant access permissions.
- Digital signature option.
- Self-service options for visitors.
- Statistics and reporting for property managers.
3. The Receptionist for iPad
If you’re looking for an iPad visitor sign in system, then The Receptionist for iPad is perfect for you. iPad sign in stations are becoming more popular because of their versatility and ease of use.
More reasons to look into The Receptionist for iPad include:
- Self check-in for your visitors and guests.
- Badge credential printing option.
- Two-way communication.
- Multilingual menu options.
- Portability and convenience.
What are the benefits of using a visitor sign in system?
The biggest benefit of using a visitor sign in system is enhanced convenience for your tenants and visitors.
Beyond that, benefits of a visitor management system include:
- Fewer staffing issues. A visitor sign in system can help fill the gap on potential staffing issues. For instance, say you’re having trouble finding someone to man the front desk. If so, you can use a sign in app to move visitors through.
- More freedom. Secondly, visitor management systems afford people a lot of freedom when moving around the property. They can sign in on their own and find information without having to ask for help. Likewise, property managers and staff have more freedom to complete tasks without being held down at the front desk.
- Remote management. With cloud-based visitor management software, property managers can remotely manage incoming visitor information. Moreover, they can also view live streams of the property gate or door and engage with guests using two-way video calls.
How to choose a visitor sign in system
Choosing the best visitor sign in system for your organization will depend on a few factors. These include the size of your property and your average property traffic rate.
Let’s take a closer look at what to consider before investing in a visitor management product:
- Property size. The reason property size should be considered is that if you have a smaller property, then you won’t require a more robust system. On the other hand, if your property is larger or you’re looking to manage visitors across multiple locations, you must look for a system that caters to multi-building centralization.
- Visitor traffic metrics. Before you buy a product, study your building’s visitor metrics and reports. For instance, if the metrics are consistently high, you need a visitor app that can handle high volumes of guest activity without difficulty.
- Features. Lastly, are you looking for something simple with singular task capabilities? Or would you prefer something that can connect to and create a larger access control ecosystem? If you answered the latter, then you should shop around for a visitor management system that can integrate with access control such as keypads and video intercoms for a robust, end-to-end security system!
FAQs about visitor management systems
Here we answer some of your most frequently asked questions about visitor sign in systems and visitor management:
- What is a visitor check in system?
- What is the purpose of a visitor sign in sheet?
- How do I create a visitor log book?
What is a visitor check in system?
A visitor check-in system is an app or software that empowers guests to sign in at the property they’re visiting.
Moreover, with a visitor check-in system, managers and owners can use the metrics to understand their visitor system.
What is the purpose of a visitor sign in sheet?
A visitor sign-in sheet or app makes it easy for property managers to view anyone visiting the property. Furthermore, a visitor sign in sheet helps managers keep tabs for their safety and the security of their tenants.
How do I create a visitor log book?
To create a visitor log book, all you need is an app or visitor management system.
Furthermore, a digital logbook instead of a physical visitor log book is easier to keep organized. You’ll also find that going paperless helps you keep better records of past visitors.