In your ButterflyMX-equipped building, your residents can create, issue, and revoke virtual keys for their trusted guests such as family members or dog walkers. As a ButterflyMX property admin, you have the ability to monitor those active virtual keys. This is beneficial from a security standpoint, as you will want to be able to see who has access to your building at all times. Read this post to learn how to manage virtual keys as a property admin.
How to manage active virtual keys:
- Log into the ButterflyMX OS
- Click ‘Active Visitor Access’
- Click the eye icon to the right of a tenant’s name
Step 1: Log into the ButterflyMX OS
Log into the ButterflyMX OS on a computer.
Step 2: Click ‘Active Visitor Access’
Click ‘Active Visitor Access’ from the menu on the left side of the screen.
The visitor access section will tell you:
- Which tenant sent the virtual key
- The type of virtual key (recurring or single-use)
- The details of that key. E.g., for recurring keys, what days/ time they’re active for, and for one-time keys when that key is active
Step 3: Click the eye icon to the right of a tenant’s name
Click the eye icon to the right of a tenant’s name to see additional details about the virtual key.
Here you will see:
- The QR code
- Who they sent the key to
- The recipient’s information (phone number or email address)
View our property manager resources for additional training guides and videos that show you how to manage key ButterflyMX features (like managing admins, door PINs, and using the property management dashboard).