- Suburban apartments are multifamily communities located on the outskirts of a city center.
- Suburban residential communities offer spacious layouts, outdoor amenities, and a peaceful, family-friendly living environment.
- Six strategies for advertising suburban complexes are: emphasizing spacious layouts, highlighting family-friendly amenities and pet-friendly policies, building a user-friendly property website, using social media platforms and online listing sites, hosting virtual and self-guided tours, and implementing energy-efficient smart technology.
A suburban apartment is known for having a more relaxed and peaceful environment, away from the hustle and bustle of city life. So, these residential areas are a popular option for multifamily development because they offer prospects a family-friendly environment, access to nature, and a sense of community.
Read on to learn what a suburban apartment is. Then, explore the difference between urban and suburban complexes. Next, uncover the pros and cons of suburban living. Finally, discover six marketing strategies for suburban apartments.
In this post, we cover:
- What are suburban apartments?
- What is the difference between urban and suburban?
- Pros and cons of suburban apartments
- 6 marketing strategies for suburban apartments
What are suburban apartments?
Suburban apartments consist of residential units located in the suburbs of a metro area. Additionally, these residential areas are typically located on the outskirts of cities or urban centers — resulting in a quieter, more residential lifestyle.
Moreover, these apartments are designed to provide residents with comfortable living spaces, amenities, and a community atmosphere.
What is the difference between urban and suburban?
The main difference between urban and suburban apartments is location.
So, urban apartments are usually located in high-density city centers. In contrast, suburban apartments are often located on the outskirts of a city.
Key characteristics of suburban apartments include:
- Location. Residential suburban apartments are usually situated in suburban neighborhoods, which are known for their vast green spaces and lower population density compared to urban areas.
- Community setting. Suburban living fosters a stronger sense of community, as residents are more likely to engage with their neighbors and participate in local events and activities.
- Family-friendly neighborhood. Suburban mid-rise buildings often appeal to families due to the availability of schools, playgrounds, and community events. What’s more, the larger living spaces can accommodate families more comfortably.
- Quiet lifestyle. Residential areas offer a quieter and less hectic lifestyle compared to the noise and congestion of city living.
In short, suburban residential apartments cater to individuals and families who value a combination of comfortable living spaces, access to amenities, and a more relaxed residential atmosphere.
As urban areas continue to expand and cities become more congested, suburban apartments provide an attractive alternative for those looking to enjoy the benefits of both urban and rural living.
Pros and cons of suburban apartments
Suburban living offers prospects a respite from the fast pace of city life while fostering a sense of community among residents. As a result, suburban living offers a variety of benefits for residents. However, suburban living has its drawbacks, too.
Pros of suburban apartments
- Amenities. Suburban communities often offer amenities like outdoor spaces and recreational areas like pools or parks. Additionally, some properties may include fitness centers and clubhouses.
- Space. Residential garden-style apartments tend to offer more spacious layouts compared to their urban counterparts. This usually includes larger living areas, bedrooms, and sometimes even outdoor spaces like balconies or patios.
- Peaceful environment. Suburban apartments are typically less noisy and congested than urban apartments.
Cons of suburban apartments
- Limited access to urban amenities. Suburban areas often have fewer entertainment options, cultural events, and dining choices compared to urban centers. So, residents may need to travel longer distances to access theaters, museums, restaurants, and nightlife.
- Longer commutes. Residents that work in the city might have longer commutes, especially during rush hours. Not to mention, public transportation options may be limited, and residents may need to rely heavily on vehicles. So this can lead to increased expenses, traffic, and more carbon and gas emissions.
- Higher utility costs. Larger living spaces can lead to higher utility bills compared to smaller urban apartments.
6 marketing strategies for suburban apartments
Suburban apartments cater to individuals and families who value a combination of comfortable living spaces, access to amenities, and a more relaxed residential atmosphere. So, it’s important to advertise those attributes effectively.
Here are six ways to advertise suburban apartments:
- Emphasize spacious layouts and outdoor spaces
- Highlight family-friendly amenities and pet-friendly policies
- Build a user-friendly property website
- Use social media platforms and online listing sites
- Host virtual and self-guided tours
- Implement energy-efficient features and smart tech
1. Emphasize spacious layouts and outdoor spaces
A suburban apartment complex often has spacious layouts that empower residents to stretch out and make their living spaces their own. From expansive living rooms to generously sized bedrooms, these elements of suburban living are particularly appealing to residents.
What’s more, suburban complexes are thoughtfully designed to harmonize with their surroundings, often featuring landscaped outdoor areas and lush green spaces that appeal to residents of all ages.
2. Highlight family-friendly amenities and pet-friendly policies
Suburban condos and apartments offer an array of family-friendly features that nurture community and recreation.
Here are some popular suburban amenities that encourage a sense of community among neighbors:
- Expansive playgrounds
- Swimming pools
- Picnic areas
- Barbecue pits
- Fire pits
Moreover, many suburban complexes are pet-friendly. So, residents can enjoy the companionship of their beloved pets without the constraints associated with city living.
3. Build a user-friendly property website
A property website is essential for showcasing the charm of suburban apartments. Additionally, a user-friendly website allows prospects to explore every facet of their future home from the comfort of their screens.
Through immersive photos, detailed floor plans, and virtual tours, a property website offers an intimate glimpse into the spacious layouts, lush surroundings, and enticing amenities that define suburban living.
Furthermore, it’s a hub for vital information, enabling prospects to access rental details, neighborhood insights, and contact information all in one place.
4. Use social media platforms and online listing sites
Leveraging social media platforms and online listing sites is a crucial part of real estate marketing because it’s a great way to advertise new suburban apartments.
Furthermore, social media empowers you to reach a vast and diverse audience, capturing the attention of potential residents. What’s more, social media encourages real-time engagement, allowing for direct communication with curious prospects and an avenue to address questions quickly.
Similarly, online listing sites provide a centralized platform for prospects to explore every facet of suburban living, from location to unit specifics. Most importantly, listing sites empower you to showcase suburban properties to a wide and receptive audience.
5. Host virtual and self-guided tours
Virtual tours provide an immersive experience, enabling viewers to walk through spacious layouts virtually.
In addition, enabling self-guided tours at your property allows prospects to explore units and shared amenity areas at their own pace. Both options cater to the needs of visitors’ busy schedules.
What’s more, remote and self-guided viewing offers a detailed insight into the features, amenities, and lifestyle your suburban complex has to offer.
Discover how to enable self-guided tours with ButterflyMX:
6. Implement sustainable and energy-efficient features
Sustainable and energy-efficient features appeal to millennial and Gen Z residents because it demonstrates a commitment to green initiatives while cutting down on energy costs.
Here are some sustainable smart technologies that you can implement at your suburban apartment today:
- Smart lights and thermostats
- Energy-efficient appliances
- Solar panels
- Energy monitoring tools
- Advanced window and door insulation
- Access control and proptech