- The six top security system vendors include ButterflyMX, ADT, SimpliSafe, Brinks, Frontpoint, and Vivant.
- Features of quality security systems include video technology, user-friendliness, and door-locking mechanisms.
- The best business security system is the ButterflyMX commercial video intercom which features video calling, cloud-based technology, and mobile-based access.
A robust business security system is one of the most important investments you can make for your business. From small businesses to massive commercial properties, the right physical security system will protect you, your building, and your clientele.
In this guide, we’ll review the best security system vendors to consider. Then, the must-have features of business security systems. Finally, we’ll explore the best business security system for your property.
This post covers:
- 6 business security system vendors to consider
- Features of a good business security system
- How important is a security system for a business?
- What is the best business security system?
6 business security system vendors to consider
There are a lot of building security system vendors out there. To help you narrow down your options, we’ve assembled a list of some of the more popular ones.
Six security system vendors to consider are:
With a multipurpose product, ButterflyMX is focused on whole-building safety. You can expect cost-effective security, plus convenient access and security.
With mobile-based access, quick system installation, and two-way video communication, ButterflyMX is the most robust security system option for your commercial space.
Further, with ButterflyMX front desk station software, you can view live video feeds of your intercoms all in one place and speak directly with visitors and residents whenever necessary via the ButterflyMX video intercom.
ADT offers highly specialized commercial-grade security. Their main focus is retail and food-industry security, but they offer self-installation for many cases.
With numerous monitoring options, SimpliSafe gives you flexibility in how you apply its security system. They offer a basic security option, which is good for small businesses. However, they may lack building-wide capabilities.
This company stands out because the system can be integrated with existing security equipment. However, Brinks’ non-negotiable three-year contract to use services could be a deal breaker for would-be clients.
Frontpoint is a small business security system that can be used both for homes and small businesses. It doesn’t require a professional installer and has a generally simple DIY installation process.
Vivant offers expert inspections and the latest in smart technology. However, their biggest con is the long contract you have to enter in order to use their services.
Features of a good business security system
While the above list of vendors is a portrayal of popularity, it doesn’t guarantee that they’ll be the best choice for your business. We strongly recommend finding a quality business security system company that includes every feature we mention below.
Features of the best business security systems include:
- Video technology. A security system that doesn’t include some level of video recording is outdated. Additionally, when reporting a crime, there’s no better evidence than video footage.
- Locking and door release mechanisms. A good security system will ensure that only you and authorized personnel can enter. And it’ll do this without hindering access or making it difficult.
- Smart technology. By smart, we mean that you can control it from your phone! Monitoring your property from your mobile device is highly convenient and allows you to monitor your business from anywhere.
- Keyless entry. Eliminate the fear of forgetting keys — or worse, the risk of them falling into the wrong hands. Instead, go for digital keys that can be accessed through a mobile device.
- Easy access. Security systems should never feel intrusive or difficult to use. They should only be visible enough to make employees and clients or customers feel secure — and ward off potential criminals. Further, they systems to be intuitive and easy to train employees on using.
How important is a security system for a business?
A security system is important to protect a business from theft, property damage, and other hazards. In fact, over 34% of burglaries affect businesses and commercial buildings!
So, a business security system deters criminals from messing with your property, saving you the physical, emotional, and financial stress of dealing with such a traumatic event.
What’s more, a security system is also a requirement in some insurance policies. For example, some insurance policies require you to prove that you’ve taken reasonable measures to secure your business and protect it from theft or damage.
Even if it’s not included in your insurance policy, presenting video surveillance — that you have thanks to your security system — can also expedite insurance claims. Further, video footage can help police catch potential criminals.
How much does a security system for a business cost?
On average, business security systems cost anywhere from $1,300 to $2,500 upfront. Additionally, you can expect to pay up to $60 per month for system upkeep. While this is a significant upfront investment, it could save your business tens of thousands of dollars in damage protection in the long run.
Keep in mind the cost of a commercial security system depends on several things, including the size of your business and whether you invest in a robust or basic system
Watch how ButterflyMX works:
What is the best business security system?
Overall, the best business security system is the ButterflyMX commercial video intercom. ButterflyMX offers highly advanced technology that is simple to use. Furthermore, ButterflyMX has been installed in over 10,000 properties — and has over 20,000 five-star ratings.
The ButterflyMX commercial video intercom features:
- Advanced video security. The video intercom records everyone who enters the property.
- Mobile-based access. Employees can enter the property with a tap of their finger via the ButterflyMX mobile app. This eliminates the need for physical keys of any sort.
- Cloud-based technology. System data is stored in the cloud, removing the need for on-site data storage. Access permissions can also be updated remotely without going onsite and manually managing the system.
- Easy maintenance. ButterflyMX prevents the unexpected hurdles of most business security systems. The software updates automatically, so it’s always current.
- Quick installation. The ButterflyMX commercial video intercom is easy to set up in just a few hours.
- Remote access. Doors can be opened remotely for customers and employees via the ButterflyMX app.
- Two-way video communication. You can communicate through video on your mobile device with people on the other end of the commercial video intercom. That way, you always know who you’re letting in.
- Time- and date-stamped audit trails. The exact time people enter and exit the property is recorded and logged for future reference.