Maintaining building security is one of the most important goals for any business. But choosing the best commercial keyless door lock for your property can get tricky. With so many options on the market, how can you ensure that you’re buying the best commercial keyless entry system for your building? We’ve got you covered with this complete guide.
Read on to learn what a commercial keyless door lock is, and explore the 3 best commercial keyless door locks on the market. Then, discover a better commercial keyless entry system for your office, multifamily property, or mixed-use building.
This post covers:
- What’s a commercial keyless door lock?
- Are commercial keyless door locks secure?
- 3 best commercial keyless door locks for businesses
- A better commercial keyless entry system
What’s a commercial keyless door lock?
A commercial keyless door lock is a type of lock that allows you to use a keyless credential to open a door. The most common types of keyless door locks are keypads, keycard and fob reader locks, smart locks, and biometric locks that use fingerprint readers or facial recognition.
Commercial keyless door locks can be installed at any entrance or door at:
- Commercial offices
- Multifamily buildings
- Airbnb rentals
- Student housing
- Storage facilities
- Conference rooms
- Amenity spaces
- Supply closets
- IT server rooms
What are the benefits of commercial keyless door locks?
There are several benefits of implementing keyless entry door locks at your business.
Here are some advantages of keyless door locks:
- Convenient. Keyless door locks are easier to use than traditional locks because staff members and authorized tenants won’t have to fumble with keys to open a door.
- Easy to use. A keyless entry commercial door lock is easier to use than a traditional lock because it grants quick and easy access to users. A smartphone, key card, fob, or biometric credential automatically unlocks the door once authorized.
- Won’t have to replace physical keys. A commercial keyless door lock eliminates the need to replace lost or stolen physical keys. What’s more, staff and resident lockouts are significantly reduced with a commercial-grade keyless door lock.
What are the disadvantages of keyless door locks?
Here are a few drawbacks of commercial keyless door locks:
- Don’t have a camera. Most smart locks don’t come with cameras. As a result, you can’t see exactly who gained access.
- Limited visitor management. Most keyless locks don’t offer temporary passes or access codes to visitors, so you have to come up with a separate entry solution for guests, technicians, vendors, and service providers.
- Expensive. Most commercial smart locks cost $100-$600 per lock, so installing them at every door in your building can get pricey.
Learn more about ButterflyMX:
Are commercial keyless door locks secure?
Commercial keyless door locks are secure because the credentials are more difficult to steal or copy than traditional keys. What’s more, many commercial keyless entry systems operate with cloud-based software, allowing you to manage access permissions from anywhere. So, you always stay in the know of who’s entering the building.
Additionally, some commercial smart locks attach to existing deadbolts. So, you can still use traditional keys in the event of an emergency or power outage.
Can keyless door locks be hacked?
Keyless door locks that are from trusted manufacturers and installed properly are difficult to hack. Additionally, you can further mitigate the risk of your lock being hacked by making sure that your WiFi network is secure.
What’s more, locks with special features like a camera are far less likely to be tampered with.
3 best commercial keyless door locks for businesses
Want to know our picks for the best commercial keyless door locks for commercial and multifamily buildings?
Here’s our round-up of the best keyless remote door locks:
- Salto KS XS4: Best with anti-drill tamper resistance
- U-Bolt Pro: Best with a backup power solution
- Samsung fingerprint lock: Best with real-time push notifications
1. Salto KS XS4
Google rating: 4.4/5
- Simple to install
- Smartphone-based access
- Comes with an easy-to-use mobile app
- Send digital keys to visitors and vendors
- Integrates with ButterflyMX
- Limited customer support
- Prices are not available online
- No camera
2. U-Bolt Pro
Google rating: 4.2/5
- Smart home integrations
- Pairs with mobile app
- Multiple ways to unlock
- DIY installation
- Unclear fingerprint storage capacity, so may not be ideal for large businesses
- No camera
3. Samsung fingerprint lock
Google rating: 4.6/5
- Multiple ways to unlock
- Smartphone access
- Easy installation
- Lacks integrations
- Can’t manage access for visitors
- No camera
A better commercial keyless entry system
ButterflyMX offers a building-wide access control solution for your business, commercial offices, or multifamily buildings. Get the complete access control package by investing in ButterflyMX video intercoms, keypads or card readers, and elevator controls. Best of all: ButterflyMX integrates with more than 80 keyless smart lock models.
The ButterflyMX system is a mobile-based keyless entry solution that offers multiple ways to open the door. So, if a resident or staff member forgets their smartphone, they can use a unique PIN code to open the door or gate. Further, ButterflyMX access control solutions allow residents and staff members to issue temporary digital keys to service providers, visitors, and technicians.
What’s more, you can round out your building with a convenient vehicle access control solution. As a business owner, you know how hard it can be to achieve convenient and secure access for the cars that frequent your building. If your property has a parking deck, garage, or gate, consider implementing a safe and secure vehicle access control solution. Our vehicle readers & windshield tags automatically grant access to authorized cars at your gate or garage with ease!
- A commercial keyless door lock is a lock that uses a keyless credential to open a door.
- Commercial keyless locks can be used at offices, multifamily buildings, industrial facilities, and more!
- Keyless door locks are secure, easy to use, convenient, and reduce the need to replace lost or stolen keys.
- The drawbacks of keyless smart locks are that they’re expensive, most don’t have cameras, and most of them can’t issue temporary keys to guests.
- A cohesive access control solution like ButterflyMX is the best choice because it ensures secure yet convenient entry for staff, residents, visitors, and vehicles at your building.