- Coming up with fun Halloween resident event ideas is a great way to boost resident retention, foster engagement, and encourage community involvement.
- Community Halloween events like costume parties, pumpkin carving, and movie nights are fun for residents of all ages.
- Brainstorming creative October resident event ideas is a fantastic way to offer engaging events throughout the month and promote your community events on social media.
In the spirit of this spooktacular season, hosting multifamily resident events that embrace creativity and community spirit is a great way to boost retention and foster a sense of belonging for residents of all ages.
So, get into the spirit of the season and dive into 10 spooky Halloween resident events that are sure to delight and fright your residents!
10 frightful & fun Halloween resident events
Looking for thrilling resident Halloween event ideas that will transform your multifamily building into the ultimate haunt?
Here are 10 Halloween resident events that are sure to excite residents:
- Halloween costume party
- Door decorating contest
- Halloween cocktail mixer
- Pumpkin carving contest
- Spooky movie night
- Murder mystery dinner party
- Halloween trivia night
- Halloween scavenger hunt
- Transform an amenity space into a haunted house
1. Halloween costume party
A costume party is the perfect way for residents to unleash their inner child and dress up as their favorite spooky character.
Additionally, a pet costume contest is a frightfully cute way to get into the Halloween spirit.
What’s more, setting up a fun costume party is as simple as:
- Choose a large indoor space. Select a large space that can accommodate all of your residents, along with their family and friends!
- Select a spooky soundtrack. Play a Halloween-themed playlist, or hire a DJ to provide the perfect sonic backdrop to your party.
- Offer plenty of food and drinks. What’s a party without snacks? So, have plenty of food and drinks available for your residents to enjoy.
- Hang fun decorations. Host the perfect Halloween extravaganza by creating an eerie atmosphere with lots of decorations. What’s more, you can bring your community into the fun by allowing eager residents and staff to participate in decorating the party.
- Promote the event on your community board. Promote the event on your community board, resident engagement app, and socials to ensure a large turnout for your Halloween bash!
Discover 8 apartment amenities residents really want:
2. Door decorating contest
Infuse some Halloween spirit into your building with bewitching door decorations!
A door decoration contest gives your residents an opportunity to unlock their creativity and even win a prize for their efforts. In fact, spine-chilling decorations like lights, spiderwebs, pumpkins, and skeletons are a wonderful way for residents to transform their front door into a spooky spectacle for all to enjoy.
Pro tip: Post the best door decorations to your socials to showcase your resident’s creations. Additionally, allow your community to vote on their favorites for even more community engagement!
3. Halloween cocktail mixer
Hosting an apartment Halloween party is a surefire way to bring residents and staff together by encouraging them to mingle and interact with one another.
So, hang up festive decorations and offer themed cocktails like witchy brews and ciders to delight residents. Additionally, have scary delicious foods available, like pumpkin hand pies or a Halloween-themed charcuterie board.
4. Pumpkin carving contest
A pumpkin carving competition is a classic Halloween staple that’s fun for all ages. Moreover, pumpkin carving is the perfect way to host a fun and cozy fall resident event at your apartment community.
What’s more, pumpkin carving is a nostalgic and interactive event that encourages residents to mingle, collaborate, and share their creations.
Additionally, residents can opt to display their spooky creations in your communal area or at their front door.
Pro tip: Up the ante even more by hosting a pumpkin carving competition and empowering your apartment community to vote on their favorite creations!
5. Spooky movie night
One of the best ways to get into the spirit of the season is by hosting a horror movie night.
A spooky movie night is one of the best Halloween events for residents because they’re:
- Simple to organize. Organizing a scary movie night is as simple as picking a classic spooky film, grabbing snacks, and hosting it in a communal area. Additionally, you can even make the event extra cozy by hosting it outdoors on a film projector and encouraging residents to bring blankets.
- Bring residents together. Movie nights are a fang-tastic way to boost community engagement by encouraging community bonding.
- Fun for all ages. Depending on the movie you choose, a spooky film night is great for families.
Pro tip: Consider hosting monthly movie nights as a staple winter resident event at your apartment community.
Celebrate Halloween with a classic trunk-or-treating activity. Moreover, not only is a trunk-or-treating event incredibly easy to organize, but they’re also fun for kids.
What’s more, trunk-or-treating is a great way to put a modern spin on traditional trick-or-treating because residents can easily opt-out if they don’t want to participate.
Further, hosting a spook-tacular trunk-or-treating event is as simple as residents decorating their cars and passing out candy and other Halloween goodies to children in the community.
7. Murder mystery dinner party
Looking for an enchanting way to bring mystery to your multifamily building? A classic murder mystery dinner party is the perfect way to offer an unforgettable night of fun for residents.
Hosting a bewitching murder mystery dinner is as simple as:
- Choose a large indoor space. A large indoor space that can accommodate a large table for a dinner party, along with plenty of guests, is ideal.
- Display decorations. Set the tone and create a fully immersive murder mystery dining experience with elegant decorations and music.
- Cater food. Offer plenty of food for all your residents to ensure that your dinner party will be a hit.
- Hire actors. Professionally trained actors are skilled at laying out clues and providing plenty of twists and turns for residents to crack the case. What’s more, a murder mystery night boosts community engagement by encouraging residents to work as a team.
- Create a buzz with a resident engagement app. A resident engagement app or social media platform is a great way to promote your event and get your residents excited to participate.
Pro tip: Post plenty of pictures of your murder mystery dinner party to social media to promote your property to prospective residents!
8. Halloween trivia night
From questions about supernatural lore to classic horror films, hosting a Halloween trivia night is fun for all ages!
What’s more, trivia nights are the perfect way to boost resident engagement by allowing your community to split up into teams for some friendly competition.
Pro tip: Offer prizes like gift cards or tickets to sporting events or theaters to further incentivize community involvement.
9. Halloween scavenger hunt
Bring some magic and wonder into your community with a spooky scavenger hunt. With this in mind, leave plenty of creepy clues around your building for your community to find.
Additionally, offer spook-tacular prizes like gift cards to eagle-eyed residents who are able to find the most clues around your building.
What’s more, scavenger hunts are among the best Halloween community event ideas to engage residents and foster a sense of belonging.
10. Transform an amenity space into a haunted house
Transform an amenity space or communal area into a haunted house or interactive escape room for a ghoulishly good time.
Moreover, a haunted house is a classic Halloween event for residents that appeals to both single residents and families alike.
Additionally, consider getting your community involved in the fun by allowing volunteers to help set up decorations for this iconic Halloween event.