- Niagara is the building management system offered by Honeywell.
- Niagara, the Honeywell BMS, offers integrations, visualization, and control for cohesive building management.
- Honeywell’s building control system has an easy-to-use interface that connects to the cloud.
- While Niagara is a robust BMS option, it’s still fairly new, meaning reviews by verified customers are rare.
Managing a building is an immensely stressful job. Between managing tenants, keeping up with maintenance, and taking care of administrative work, you’ve got your work cut out for you! In response, you’ve likely looked into building management systems (BMS) to cut down your workload. And one very popular option is the Niagara Framework by Honeywell BMS.
But is the Honeywell BMS the right software for your property? And what considerations should you have in mind when perusing options? In this post, we go over the features, pricing, and pros and cons of Honeywell, including a few viable alternatives.
This post covers:
- About Honeywell BMS
- About Niagara Framework
- Honeywell pricing
- Pros and cons
- Should you get Honeywell building management software?
- Alternatives to Niagara Framework
About Honeywell BMS
Honeywell is a software company based in North Carolina with an impressive history and extensive product catalog. Sometimes referred to as Honeywell Building Management Systems, the company has developed technological solutions for security, fire control, and building management.
Honeywell BMS focuses on bringing innovative and advanced solutions into the real estate industry. The company develops cost-effective, technologically advanced property management solutions with a host of features to enable better control across different types of operations.
About Niagara Framework
Niagara is a BMS software offered by Honeywell. The Niagara Framework offers advanced integrations, visualization, and control for comprehensive building management. Further, Niagara combines functionality and innovation with integrated technologies such as the Internet of Things to create a connected, open framework.
The Honeywell Niagara Framework can be used for multiple applications, including simple functions, complex boiler and chiller rooms, and other automated building applications as needed.
The building management system by Honeywell includes an intuitive interface and a vast range of capabilities to process operational data. In addition, the Niagara Framework has a host of features that can be used for building control system management and can be customized to fit a variety of different types of buildings and needs.
- Easy, intuitive user interface.
- Powerful tag-based navigation.
- Built-in search functions.
- Advanced data visualization capabilities.
- Track energy costs.
- Consulting engineers and other tools and resources for projects.
- Wide range of field devices to optimize installation.
Niagara Framework pricing
No pricing information is available for Honeywell BMS software. However, the Honeywell team can be contacted for further details about the BMS software and any demos.
Pros & cons
- Users can manage multiple BMS functions such as energy efficiency, health, and comfort of any building.
- Advanced technology, such as the Internet of Things and cloud connectivity.
- Simple and customizable control for functions such as HVAC and energy.
- Easy access and visualization of operational data.
- Easy-to-navigate user interface.
- Powerful data control capabilities.
- Includes an extensive list of features. However, it may not be possible to get full use out of the system, and may be too complex to implement fully.
- Significant learning time is needed. So, it can take a long time to get up to speed with the software.
- Because the software is fairly new, there are few reviews by confirmed customers.
Streamline operations at your property with this guide to property management training:
Should you get Honeywell building management software?
The Honeywell Niagara Framework is an incredibly powerful system with a host of advanced features and technology. Many features make the Honeywell Niagara BMS a good fit for building management, including HVAC and energy management.
The features are designed to give building managers an accurate picture of building management and its different elements. Further, a variety of data control features helps to streamline operations.
However, the Honeywell Niagara BMS lacks some of the resident-focused features that other BMS software include. As a result, it may not be a truly holistic solution for building management. Additionally, the Niagara Framework is a very complex system that might not be the right fit for your unique building management style.
Depending on the scale and nature of your property, there might not be enough value for the Honeywell Niagara Framework for building management as it will depend on the operational needs of building managers.
Alternatives to Niagara Framework
When looking to invest in a building management system, you must consider several options. Some alternative building management software systems include:
Utopi is a multi-tenant real estate technology platform that includes a variety of different functionalities. Utop collects data from residents, engages with tenants, and reports on crucial ESG standards. With Utopi, building management becomes streamlined and easier while effectively managing residents. With Utopi, building management takes on more importance as it also helps understand key aspects of building management, such as asset value and environmental impact.
BuildingLink is a leading property management software designed for property managers, developers, and condominium boards. BuildingLink offers a real opportunity to provide a best-in-class resident experience while streamlining key building management functions such as operations and maintenance.
Disclaimer: ButterflyMX provides these blog posts to help our customers and potential customers make the right business decisions for them. Our blog posts are based on the information we have available to us at the time of writing.