- SmartRent is an all-in-one smart home and resident experience platform for multifamily community management, all contained in one easy app.
- Using the SmartRent app, managers can set up Smart Apartments, automate thermostat schedules in vacant units, schedule move-in and move-outs, alerts, and notifications, and manage maintenance.
- According to this SmartRent app review, it can be a valuable tool for property managers seeking a one-stop solution for multifamily community management and can offer immense value.
- ButterflyMX is a more comprehensive alternative to SmartRent.
Smart technology makes a significant impact on many different industries and sectors, allowing for automation, custom instructions, and more. Likewise, apartment automation software has emerged as a powerful tool to streamline and automate processes for property owners, managers, and residents.
One such software is the SmartRent app — an all-in-one smart home and resident experience platform for multifamily management. SmartRent offers a suite of smart home solutions that enable owners, staff, and managers to streamline operations and keep the resident experience at its heart.
In this review, we’ll take a closer look at SmartRent, including what it is, how it works, and whether it’s the right option for you. We’ll cover the app’s features, costs, pros and cons, and alternatives to help you make an informed decision.
This post covers:
- What is SmartRent?
- How does the SmartRent app work?
- SmartRent app review
- Pros and cons
- Should you get the SmartRent app?
- What are the alternatives to SmartRent?
What is SmartRent?
SmartRent is an all-in-one smart home and resident experience platform for multifamily community management, all contained in one easy app. The SmartRent app uses an innovative platform and offers a suite of smart home solutions that enables owners, staff, and managers to streamline operations.
The SmartRent app also keeps the resident experience at its heart and includes features that ensure the resident experience is smooth, easy, and elevated. Moreover, it encompasses many different functions of multifamily community management, which brings all these functions together in one easy-to-use solution.
How does the SmartRent app work?
The SmartRent app consists of the SmartRent hub, which brings everything together. Using the SmartRent app, managers can set up Smart Apartments, automate thermostat schedules in vacant units, schedule move-in and move-outs, alerts, and notifications, and manage maintenance.
SmartRent also includes features for access control, including flexible security options and real-time security logs. Further, SmartRent also has options to set up and manage community wifi from the app and tools for prospective tenants, such as self-guided tours.
SmartRent app review
So, you know what SmartRent is. Now, let’s take a closer look at the app’s features, cost, and benefits.
Here are several features you’ll find useful in the SmartRent app:
- Automated move-in and move-out scheduling.
- Thermostat scheduling control and notifications.
- Access control options and remote monitoring.
- White-glove installation.
- Automated alerts and notifications.
- Self-navigated apartment tours and showings.
- Manage maintenance tasks.
- Easy integration with help desks, Ring, and more.
No pricing information is available for the SmartRent app, but demos can be requested via the SmartRent website.
Pros and cons
Now that you’ve read the features, let’s also take a look at the pros and cons of SmartRent so you can make a well-rounded decision.
- Access control features reduce dependence on physical keys for both residents and property managers.
- Energy efficiency and maintenance are easier to track and monitor.
- Custom fit and design are available for different multifamily communities, making it a bespoke option.
- Secure access and verification for prospective tenant self-guided tours.
- Manage and automate service requests and work orders.
- Easy to find on the Apple app store and Google Play Store.
- Simple integration.
- Customer service is not always easy to reach.
- Some features of the app may not always work depending on software updates.
- Controls with Alexa or other smart home technology may not always work.
Discover five apartment gadgets every resident wants:
Should you get the SmartRent app?
Once you go through this SmartRent app review, it’s clear that the app can offer a wide array of benefits to residents and property managers. Furthermore, SmartRent is easy to onboard and offers many benefits for property managers looking to centralize and streamline their operations.
However, while the SmartRent app does include a great set of features, it also tends to have a lot of functionality and UI issues, making it challenging to use. Software updates made by SmartRent can often lead to disruption in how features are set up or how they operate. Lastly, it’s not always easy to get in touch with customer service teams when needed.
Overall, the SmartRent app can be a useful tool for property managers seeking a one-stop solution for multifamily community management and can offer immense value.
What are the alternatives to SmartRent?
The SmartRent app is one apartment automation software option, but there are plenty more that are worth exploring:
- IFTTT. IFTTT (‘If This Then That’) is a DIY apartment automation solution. You can create and set up your own triggers and actions for automation with IFTTT, as it includes a host of integrations with programs and smart devices. If you’re seeking a more straightforward apartment automation software that you can get started with on your own relatively quickly, IFTTT might be an excellent option to look at.
- SmartThings. SmartThings is an innovative apartment automation software powered by Samsung. SmartThings offers programmable automation and trigger options. You can set up actions and triggers using SmartThings compatible devices, which can all be set up and controlled via the SmartThings app.
Lastly, for a comprehensive multifamily access solution, consider ButterflyMX. With a company mission of access made simple, they offer access control systems with intercoms and keypads, in addition to self-guided apartment tours. Further, residents, guests, and delivery personnel can enter the building through a swipe on their smartphone with the ButterflyMX mobile app.
Disclaimer: ButterflyMX provides these blog posts to help our customers and potential customers make the right business decisions for them. Our blog posts are based on the information we have available to us at the time of writing.