- A great marina offers high-quality facilities and sought-after amenities that appeal to members.
- Marina amenities benefit property managers and owners by helping set their marina apart from competitors, boosting tenant retention, fostering a sense of community, and enhancing property value.
- Consider offering 16 of the top marina amenities to attract prospective members and appeal to guests who visit your property.
- ButterflyMX offers a convenient and secure way to manage access to amenities throughout your marina.
Marina amenities attract boaters seeking a luxurious waterfront lifestyle. Amenities provide a range of benefits, from fostering a sense of community and boosting long-term retention to offering convenient and exciting recreational activities.
Read on to learn what makes a great marina. Then, explore the many benefits that marina amenities offer your community. Next, discover the top marina amenities and how to manage marina access control.
In this post, we cover:
- What makes a great marina?
- Benefits of marina amenities
- Top marina amenities
- How to manage access to marina amenities
What makes a great marina?
A great marina should provide well-maintained facilities, including secure docks, reliable mooring options, and efficient utility hookups for members.
What’s more, a marina should offer a diverse range of outdoor amenities that appeal to members. These may include luxurious clubhouse facilities, fitness centers, waterfront dining options, or recreational activities like watersports or fishing.
Benefits of marina amenities
Marina amenities offer a wide range of benefits for marina managers and owners. With serene shorelines and stunning natural surroundings, marinas are an eye-catching property type. And marina amenities provide a unique and desirable way to enhance property value and attract members.
Here are some advantages of marina amenities:
- Set your marina apart. Offering recreational activities differentiates your marina from your competitors.
- Boost member retention. Marina amenities motivate tenants to sign more long-term leases.
- Foster a sense of community. Exciting amenities create lasting memories and provide plenty of opportunities for your members to interact and engage in your community.
- Enhance property value. Offering luxury amenities at your marina helps elevate the value of your marina. Moreover, they provide members and visitors with a luxurious experience they can’t get at other marinas.
Discover eight apartment amenities your residents will love:
Top 16 marina amenities
Marina amenities offer a surefire way to satisfy every member and guest in your community. So, are you looking to elevate your marina with fun and exciting amenities your tenants are sure to love?
Here are 16 fun marina amenities to offer at your property:
- Fuel docks
- Boat slips
- Marina store
- Boat ramps for visitors
- Kayaks and paddle board rentals
- Boat rentals
- Complimentary valet service with pump-outs
- Trailer storage
- Tennis court
- Water skiing
- Complimentary WiFi
- Waterfront pool
- Fitness center and sauna
- Poolside bar
- Private beach access
- Laundry and shower facilities
1. Fuel docks
Fuel docks are a necessary amenity to have at your marina. What’s more, fuel docks provide a convenient and reliable place for tenants and visitors to fuel their boats.
However, you can opt to make it luxurious by offering assisted pump-outs so that boaters don’t have to fuel their own boats. Consider charging an amenity fee for this essential service in your member benefits package.
2. Boat slips
Boat slips offer a parking space where boaters can pull in and out of your dock easily. Moreover, you can opt to charge a nominal fee each time a user parks at your marina or offer annual boat slip passes for long-term tenants.
3. Marina store
Including a marina store on your property gives members and visitors a way to buy memorabilia that reminds them of the lasting memories they create at your marina. Additionally, they offer a smart way for you to promote your business with t-shirts, hats, cups, and other swag.
4. Boat ramps for visitors
Boat ramps allow visitors to access the boats on your property easily. This shared facility is a marina essential for every member or guest to use. Further, consider following ADA guidelines to make your ramp wheelchair accessible.
5. Kayaks and paddle board rentals
Kayaking and paddle boarding rentals provide plenty of fun for the whole family. They also offer a thrilling and exciting experience for members and visitors that they’ll never forget!
6. Boat rentals
Looking for ways to build extra income? Consider offering boat rental experiences for visitors. Moreover, ramp up your boat rentals by offering basic and luxurious boat rental packages at different price points.
7. Complimentary valet service with pump-outs
Complimentary valet services are a great way to appeal to and make life easier for members. What’s more, consider offering complimentary fuel pump-outs so boaters don’t have to worry about fueling their boats.
8. Trailer storage
Storage services provide an easy and secure way for boat owners to store their assets at your marina. What’s more, you can install a smart keypad at every storage facility. This way, only authorized members and visitors can access them.
9. Tennis court
Looking to expand beyond water-focused activities? Consider a tennis court! A tennis court is a luxurious amenity that allows members to have land-based fun at your community grounds.
10. Water skiing
Water skis offer adventure for the whole family, so they never forget the fun they had at your marina. Additionally, jet ski rentals offer a desirable selling point for prospective members.
11. Complimentary WiFi
Everyone loves free WiFi, so consider offering it at your marina!
Complimentary WiFi is a marina must-have for remote workers and vacation dwellers alike.
12. Waterfront pool
Waterfront pools are the perfect summer amenity for boaters. Encourage them to take a dip in your pool while their boat is docked at your harbor to give your marina a resort feel.
13. Fitness center and sauna
Fitness centers and saunas allow members and visitors to work out or relax. Offer state-of-the-art gym equipment to appeal to members who love to get active, as well as luxurious saunas for those who prefer to kick back and unwind.
14. Poolside bar
Provide plenty of refreshments, snacks, and libations at your poolside tiki bar! This provides members and guests with a place to relax.
Further, it offers an easy way to build additional streams of income. What’s more, hosting events with live music or having a restaurant attracts both prospective members and local guests.
15. Private beach access
If your marina is located near a beach, consider offering private beach access. This is a uniquely luxurious amenity that everyone is sure to love. Having private beach access that’s just a short walk from your marina will also help attract prospective members.
16. Laundry and shower facilities
Give members and visitors a place to wash their bathing suits, as well as a shared facility for showers at your marina. This gives members and visitors a way to stay fresh at your marina. Additionally, a fish cleaning station also benefits boaters who fish at your harbor.
How to manage access to marina amenities
When you integrate ButterflyMX access control at your marina, members can use their smartphones to access entry points, eliminating the need for physical keys. What’s more, ButterflyMX offers a seamless way to manage access to shared amenity spaces.
Here are a few ways to modernize access at your marina with ButterflyMX:
- Mobile access control. Empower members to access your marina with their smartphones. What’s more, they can send temporary digital keys to non-member visitors so they can access your marina securely. These access credentials can be single-use or expire within a designated time frame.
- Keypads. Manage access to shared amenity spaces, storage facilities, and fuel docks with a ButterflyMX keypad.
- Smart locks. ButterflyMX integrates with over 80 smart lock styles and finishes. So, members can access shared amenity spaces and other facilities with their smartphones.