Phoenix, Arizona is known for its stunning desert landscapes, year-round sunny weather, and top-notch art and culture scene. As a result, Phoenix access control is a must. With that said, as a real estate professional, you must prioritize access control at your Phoenix property to ensure maximum safety and convenience.
An excellent access control system may be the very thing that attracts tenants to your building! In this blog, we detail how to choose an access control system in Phoenix. Further, you’ll discover what to consider for your property type. Finally, we guide you through finding and hiring an access control installer in Phoenix.
This complete guide includes:
- How to choose an access control system in Phoenix
- Properties in Phoenix using access control
- Best Phoenix access control installers
- How to find and hire an access control installer in Phoenix
- Best access control system in Phoenix
How to choose an access control system in Phoenix
As a property manager or owner in Phoenix, you’re well aware of everything your city has to offer. And you should keep these unique qualities in mind when deciding on an access control system!
When looking for an access control system in Phoenix, consider:
There’s a reason Phoenix is nicknamed the Valley of the Sun! With summer temperatures soaring upwards of 100 degrees from June through September, extreme heat is a top concern when looking for access control systems in Phoenix.
So, you must invest in a system with an IP65 rating. These systems can withstand the harsh heat of Phoenix summers. Additionally, your property entrance may face intense sunlight. In this case, attaching a sunshade to your access control device — whether it’s an intercom, vehicle reader, or keypad — will protect the device from the sun and make it easier to read.
Watch how the ButterflyMX keypad access system works:
While Phoenix is already a large city — as the fifth most populous city in the U.S. — it’s experiencing moderate, steady growth year over year.
And although Phoenix has a large urban area, it’s notable for its sprawling suburbs. And they’re growing quickly! In fact, over the 2010s, the Phoenix metropolitan area added over 50,000 apartment units to accommodate population growth.
So, an urban Downtown or Central Phoenix property will have different access control needs than a suburban property in Arcadia or the Willo Historic District.
Phoenix is a foodie oasis, with restaurants offering the best Mexican, Native American, and Sonoran desert-inspired dishes. No matter who your tenants are, they’ll want to take advantage of this incredible selection.
So, you must invest in an access control system that empowers tenants to grant access to delivery drivers. By installing a system that offers video calling, temporary keys, and PIN codes, you’ll give tenants the peace of mind of knowing who they’re letting inside.
By far the most important consideration when looking for access control in Phoenix is security. When your building doesn’t make tenants feel safe and secure, they’re less likely to renew leases or recommend your property to peers.
However, an access control system can easily and seamlessly provide security. This ranges from protection against break-ins to the prevention of package theft.
Properties in Phoenix using access control
Every type of property can benefit from access control. But how they’re implemented changes based on various property features. In order to get the most out of your Phoenix security system, you must take into account the unique qualities of your property.
Phoenix properties that use access control include:
- Gated community access control
- Phoenix commercial access control systems
- Phoenix, AZ parking garage access control
- Multifamily property access control
Gated community access control
As has been noted, many Phoenix residents live in suburban areas. And most suburban apartments are gated communities. In this case, installing a cloud-based gate intercom is your best bet.
This way, residents can give guests access remotely and you can manage gate security from anywhere.
Phoenix commercial access control systems
Phoenix, Arizona is home to eight Fortune 500 companies and thousands of small businesses. Because each of these businesses is unique, so must the commercial access control system you choose.
So, select a combination of elevator controls, intercoms, and keypads that accommodate private businesses, mixed-use buildings, and offices with multiple tenants.
Phoenix, AZ parking garage access control
Phoenix has a lively cultural scene, but the city is largely car-dependent. So, the urban areas are filled with parking garages.
Luckily, there are many parking garage access control systems:
- License plate readers
- Smartphone-based access readers
- Car RFID tags
Multifamily property access control
Multifamily property managers in Phoenix should invest in an intercom with a camera as their door access control system. This way, residents can visually confirm a guest’s identity before granting access.
Best Phoenix access control installers
When investing in access control in Phoenix, hire a certified installer for fast installation and a valid warranty.
Check out the four best installers in Phoenix:
1. Kelley Bros. of Arizona
Google rating: 4.5 / 5
This company concentrates on door installation and hardware supply. However, they also install access control systems.
Kelley Bros. of Arizona services include:
- Door hardware
- Fire alarms and safety installation
- CCTV camera installation
- Access control systems
Reviews highlight the staff’s customer service and knowledgeability.
2. Arizona Sound & Light
Google rating: 5 / 5
Arizona Sound & Light was founded in 1988, making them one of the oldest in Phoenix. Their primary services include installations of custom commercial and residential multimedia systems.
However, they also offer the following services:
- Access control installation
- Security system installation
- Home security systems
- Remote monitoring
Many reviewers note the punctuality, speed, and expertise of the company’s installers.
3. Intelligrated Communications
Google rating: 5 / 5
Intelligrated Communications has a unique offering: 24/7 emergency services. With an average response time of two hours, the company is a great choice for properties such as parking garages that need services outside of normal business hours.
Some features of Intelligrated Communications include:
- Family-owned and operated
- Two-hour response time
- Lifelong relationships with customers
Reviews highlight how dedicated the company is to service, including management’s willingness to provide services when needed.
4. Knox Security
Google rating: 5 / 5
With over 35 years of experience in the installation industry, Knox Security focuses on keeping Arizona residents safe. They service the entire Phoenix metropolitan area, including Scottsdale.
Services of Knox Security include:
- Basic security system packages
- Advanced custom security system packages
- Residential, commercial, and industrial access control services
How to find and hire an access control installer in Phoenix
When investing in an access control system, you must find a certified installer. So, ensure they’re certified for the products you’ve purchased. If not, you risk voiding the warranty.
There are a few techniques to implement when looking for an access control installer in Phoenix:
- Check reviews. Before you reach out to local installers, check what fellow real estate professionals are saying online. Unsure of where to look? Yelp and Google are great places to start!
- Look at industry resources. Check out local industry publications like Phoenix Agent Magazine or Homes & Land of Scottsdale & Phoenix for vetted recommendations. In addition, many industry magazines have resources that will connect you to local real estate professionals.
- Search social media. Find out which installers your peers are impressed with on social media! Seek out recommendations on LinkedIn, NextDoor, or local Phoenix real estate Facebook groups!
- Ask your peers. Reach out to trusted colleagues and local real estate agents to ask if they’ve worked with an installer. Ask them who they’ve worked with to install their Phoenix security system and if they recommend them.
Pro tip: Don’t say “yes” to the first quote you receive! While the first one you speak to may be the installer you end up hiring, it’s best to get multiple quotes to consider before making your investment. As a result, you’ll make a well-informed decision with reliable results.
Best access control system in Phoenix
Overall, the best access control system in Phoenix is ButterflyMX. Established in 2014, ButterflyMX introduced the smart video intercom system, empowering millions of users to manage property access from anywhere in the world with a smartphone.
The ButterflyMX video intercom has undergone many changes over the years, each resulting in an even more reliable and convenient device. Now, the video intercom is a component of ButterflyMX’s unified property access solution, which empowers you to provide secure access at every door, gate, or entryway at your property.
Features of the ButterflyMX access control system include:
- Video calling. Your tenants can visually confirm who’s requesting entry through one-way and two-way video calling before granting access.
- Audit trails. ButterflyMX devices keep a time- and date-stamped log of all entry events. This information is stored for up to a year and can be viewed in the ButterflyMX OS.
- Windshield tags and vehicle access readers. Tenants won’t have to fumble for a credential as they drive up to your garage or gate.
- Virtual keys. You or your tenants can grant a single-use QR code to guests to gain property access. Further, you can edit these access permissions from anywhere in the world!