Atlanta is a thriving city with a growing population. So, an up-to-date access control system is one of the most important features your building can offer to keep up with the competition and make tenants’ lives easier.
In this guide, we’ll go over how to pick an access control system for your property. Next, we’ll explore the different types of access control systems and the best installers in Atlanta. Finally, we’ll cover the best access control system for your building.
This post covers:
- How to choose an access control system
- Types of access control systems in Atlanta
- The 5 best access control installers in Atlanta
- When is it time for access control system repair in Atlanta?
- The best access control system in Atlanta
How to choose an access control system
Your Atlanta property’s unique needs will define what you should look for in an access control system. Additionally, Atlanta itself has a number of unique qualities that separates it from other cities across the country.
When choosing an access control system in Atlanta, you should consider the following:
- Smartphone access. From the elderly to children, nearly everyone has a smartphone. Atlanta has a large population of millennials, so it’s important to appeal to them with the latest tech features. Entering a building via a smartphone app eliminates the need for residents to be responsible for keys. Additionally, upgrading to a smartphone access control system makes for super fast building entry. This is especially relieving when residents want to get out of the Georgia summer heat.
- Weatherproofing. Speaking of heat, you’ll want an access control system that can withstand 100-plus-degree days at the peak of summer. Look for devices that have an IP65 rating.
- Guest management. Atlanta’s vibrant foodie scene means one thing for certain: many drivers on the road are delivery drivers. So, your access control system should make it convenient for delivery drivers and other couriers and service providers to enter your building securely. A good access control system will allow residents to remotely grant access to visitors.
Types of access control systems in Atlanta
The best access control system for your building depends on the type of property you own or manage.
Learn about the right types of access control systems for:
- Atlanta apartment access control
- Commercial building access control in Atlanta
- Parking garage access control
Atlanta apartment access control
A video access control system is one of the best kinds of systems for apartments in Atlanta.
Above all, residents want to feel safe. But they don’t want that safety to come at an inconvenience. So, a video access control system will continuously monitor who enters the building while ensuring quick and easy access.
Many apartment buildings in Atlanta also favor door card readers and key fob entry systems. This is a faster entry method than old-fashioned keys and can also be used to monitor who comes and goes from a multifamily property.
Commercial building access control in Atlanta
Even when you don’t factor in the booming local film and music industry, Atlanta is packed with office buildings. Your ideal property-wide commercial access control system in Atlanta can accommodate several tenants and guests frequently entering. Accordingly, your access control system should include a video intercom at the front entrance and elevator controls.
Some downtown buildings in Atlanta are mixed-use, with restaurants sharing space on the ground floor of commercial buildings. So, you’ll want to ensure that customers of a business don’t mix up with your office worker tenants. The access control system you choose should be able to assign and identify unique credentials given on a tenant-by-tenant basis.
Parking garage access control
As with most densely populated cities, there are tons of parking garages in Atlanta. Atlanta ranks as the 21st most walkable city in America, which means many residents will want a place to secure their car.
The best parking access systems will feature:
- RIFD smart parking systems
- Vehicle readers
- Smartphone-based access
One of the biggest concerns about parking garage facilities or parking lots is the long line of cars waiting to get in. So, your parking access control system will need to enable cars to verify their credentials and pass through quickly.
The 5 best access control installers in Atlanta
There are plenty of installers to choose from in the city. We’ve narrowed the list down for you and chosen five that are worth checking out.
The 5 best access control installers in Atlanta are:
- American Alarm Corporation
- Downs Security Solutions
- Armor Lock and Security, Inc
- Smart Locksmith LLC
- Customer 1st Communications
1. American Alarm Corporation
Google rating: 4.8/5
American Alarm Corporation was founded in 1995 and is the biggest company on this list. They specialize in access control systems, security cameras, commercial alarms, fire alarms, and residential monitoring.
While they’re located just under an hour away in Roswell, GA, they regularly service the Atlanta area.
They’re an A+ rated member of the Better Business Bureau. Reviews highlight customer service, timely installation, and thoroughness of their technician
2. Downs Security Solutions
Google rating: 4.5/5
Downs Security Solutions is a family-owned business that can service your property throughout the Atlanta area. They offer commercial, residential, and high-security services.
Reviews highlight timely service, customer support, clear communication on the installation process, and expert advice.
3. Armor Lock and Security, Inc
Google rating: 4.1/5
Operating since 1965, Armor Lock and Security, Inc. is a medium-sized installation company. They specialize in access control systems, security cameras, alarm systems, and locksmith services.
They don’t subcontract their work and offer definitive pricing during consultations.
Reviews highlight their affordability, timely service, and expert knowledge when answering questions.
4. Smart Locksmith LLC
Google rating: 4.7/5
From Woodstock to College Park, Smart Locksmith offers 24/7 emergency locksmith services throughout metro Atlanta.
Specializing in both residential and commercial properties, Smart Locksmith is your one-stop shop for all of your access control needs.
Reviews showcase their efficiency, professionalism, and reasonable prices.
5. Customer 1st Communications
Google rating: 4/5
Offering services throughout the metro Atlanta area, Customer 1st Communications specializes in IT solutions, CCTV security systems, and access control installations.
They offer comprehensive services for businesses of all sizes. Further, they offer customized solutions for your IT and security needs.
Reviews highlight their professional approach, reliability, and knowledgeable recommendations.
When is it time for access control system repair in Atlanta?
Is your access control system broken, malfunctioning, or outdated? If so, you’ll need repair services.
Your access control system may need repair if:
- Your wiring is frayed, damaged, or old.
- The hardware is cracked or damaged due to extended use or harsh weather.
- The audio or video quality is experiencing static, humming noises, or is poor.
- Your fobs aren’t able to be programmed or read properly.
If you’re not trained in carrying out repairs, you’ll need to hire a professional to avoid causing additional damage to your system. For optimal results, seek out repair services from the dealer who installed your access control system or consider upgrading and replacing your system entirely.
The best access control system in Atlanta
When it comes to an access control system that addresses the climate, demographics, and unique culture of this city, ButterflyMX is the best access control system in Atlanta.
ButterflyMX has been simplifying property access since 2014. Now, the company offers the industry’s first unified property access solution.
ButterflyMX’s access control system offers essential features such as:
- High-end security. Every time someone enters the building, the ButterflyMX video intercom takes a date- and time-stamped photo. This audit trail can be instantly accessed through the ButterflyMX OS.
- Smart elevator controls. Your elevator controls can be configured to only allow access to certain floors depending on a user’s credentials. This allows maintenance areas, private spaces, and areas under construction to only be accessed by the proper personnel.
- Smartphone-based access. This feature eliminates the need for keys and allows residents to quickly enter the building via the ButterflyMX app.
- Remote access. Residents don’t have to worry about being home to let in guests or delivery drivers with this feature. When a visitor requests access through the video intercom, residents are notified and can grant visitors access through the ButterflyMX app from anywhere in the world.
- Video calling. Residents can speak face-to-face with whoever is requesting access. This helps maintain security by allowing them to know who exactly they’re letting onto the property.
Watch how ButterflyMX works:
- Your building in Atlanta needs an access control system to maintain security and provide a convenient way for authorized tenants to gain access.
- When choosing an access control system in Atlanta you should consider whether it is smartphone-based, weatherproof, and visitor-friendly.
- The five best access control installers in Atlanta are American Alarm Corporation, Downs Security Solutions, Armor Lock and Security, Inc, Smart Locksmith LLC, and Customer 1st Communications.
- The best access control system in Atlanta is ButterflyMX.