- Luxury mobile home parks include all the amenities prospective residents are looking for.
- Amenities are vital because they offer opportunities for community and convenience.
- The best amenities for luxury mobile home parks include walking trails, pools, dog amenities, outdoor activities, fitness centers, coworking spaces, and controlled access.
Most luxury mobile home parks have one thing in common — they’re specifically designed to feel like a resort community. But manufactured home parks are usually synonymous with cost-effective living, which can sometimes affect the quality of amenities offered.
However, with a luxury mobile home community, residents can count on state-of-the-art mobile home amenities that make living better.
Continue reading to discover the types of amenities property owners should consider. Plus, learn how to create a truly upscale experience for your residents.
In this post, we cover:
- What is the importance of neighborhood amenities?
- What are the best amenities for luxury mobile home parks?
What is the importance of neighborhood amenities?
Neighborhood amenities are important because they offer mobile home neighborhoods opportunities for community and convenience they wouldn’t otherwise have. Many mobile home parks are spread farther out from other housing developments, making them more isolated and in need of amenities.
Depending on the type of manufactured home community, there may even be a need for basics such as washer and dryer units.
As a mobile park owner, manager, or developer, it’s important that you keep the following in mind before designing amenities:
- Functionality. It’s not enough to just place an amenity in the plans and not think through the impact its function might have on residents. An amenity should be functional and easy to maintain, or it’ll be a waste of time and money for everyone.
- Resident needs. Tenants won’t go out of their way to use an amenity that doesn’t meet their needs. Why waste money installing a new amenity if you haven’t asked what people really want? Pro tip: A community-wide poll will help you narrow down the list of potential add-ons.
- Longevity. Imagine you splurge for a new purchase but then find that it doesn’t stand the test of time. Mobile community amenities must meet longevity standards.
What are the best amenities for luxury mobile home parks?
As mentioned above, amenities are critical to the cohesiveness of a mobile home park community. Additionally, the type of amenity can make all the difference when trying to achieve a certain level of lavishness.
The seven best amenities for a luxury home park include:
- Walking trails
- Pools and hot tubs
- Dog amenities
- Sports and outdoor
- Fitness centers
- Coworking space
- Controlled access
1. Walking trails
Developed walking trails are among the best amenity inclusions for luxury mobile home communities. In fact, studies suggest walking trails in or nearby communities can positively impact property values.
The more accessible outdoor spaces you include on the property, the more likely prospective residents will want to live there.
This also goes for parks and playgrounds.
2. Pools and hot tubs
A pool can also help boost property value, increase the feeling of comfort, and attract more prospects.
Nothing says luxury like access to an aesthetically pleasing pool to provide refuge on a hot summer day. And tenants will gladly pay fees for a chance to lounge beside the pool during the day and relax in the hot tub by night.
3. Dog amenities
In many places, a luxury trailer home with a private yard is difficult to come by. This leaves tenants with pets less likely to consider your property for their next home.
The easiest way to remedy this is to offer an all-inclusive dog park.
What to include in your dog amenity areas:
- Dog grooming
- Waste bags and bins
- Dog runner
- Different areas by size
- Doggy daycare
4. Sports and outdoor
A sports and outdoor area will help set your home park apart from others. By offering specialized areas for sports, you can effectively target tenants that enjoy sports as exercise. Tennis courts, basketball courts, and even soccer fields are perfect additions to sports amenity spaces.
Furthermore, outdoor areas such as pavilions, picnic areas, and more will give your tenants a comfortable space to spend outside.
5. Fitness centers
Now days, fitness is more important than ever to people and can be a make-or-break factor for prospects considering your property. By offering an fitness center, you can target tenants that want to get healthy and reduce their gym bill.
Some things to add to your fitness center include:
- Smith machines
- Cable machines
- Stair climbers
- Water stands
- Sweat towels
- Stretching mats
- Free weights
- Wall mirrors
6. Coworking space
By including a coworking space in your list of amenities, you can easily attract tenants that work from home or need a co-working office space. Coworking spaces are increasing in popularity, and to leave it out would be a disservice.
Coworking spaces aren’t difficult to set up. All you need is comfortable seating, designated working spaces, high-speed internet, and office printers. It also wouldn’t hurt to provide sufficient lighting for your working tenants.
Discovery access control for your amenity spaces:
7. Controlled access
If you’re going for a resort-style mobile home park, then convenience is your goal. And nothing offers your residents convenience like top-tier access control and visitor management systems.
Access control adds a touch of luxury to your property by:
- Increasing security. On resort properties, only residents and paying guests are allowed entry to amenities. It shouldn’t be any different on your property. You can easily secure property assets by installing access control at your amenity access points.
- Improving property management. What’s luxury worth if it makes the staff’s jobs harder? Access control systems such as video intercoms and smart locks improve operations for property managers. Managers can monitor visitor access to amenities as well as add or revoke access at any time, from anywhere.
- Simplifying amenity access. Video intercoms simplify access for residents and their guests by enabling them to use smartphones to enter spaces. Tenants are no longer obligated to use fobs, keys, or cards for access unless they want to.
- Investing in front desk station software. With robust front desk station software, staff can communicate with guests at the front gate via a video intercom (and view live video feeds at all times) from anywhere on the property. This ensures workers aren’t tied to their desks but still provide the human touch of a front desk worker.